Javascript Menu by
About UsHome > About Us > History of the Library

History of the Library

NTPU library was first established in 1951, containing almost 50 years of history. The Taipei campus library was built in August 1960, a two story building located in the He Jiang Si College on the Jian-Guo Campus. NTPU was formerly known as the Taiwan Provincial College of Law and Business (founded in 1949), where the library was previously known as the Library Center. In 1955, the school was renamed as the Provincial Law and Business and the Library Center was changed to Library. In November 1960, the name of the school was changed to Provincial Chung Hsing University Law and Business College, with the library belonging to the Office of Academic Affairs. On August 1971, the Provincial Chung Hsing University Law and Business College was renamed National Chung Hsing University, with the library separating as a unit, and was renamed the Library Branch in Chung Hsing Law and Business College. Until February 2000, with the establishment of National Taipei University, the library was raised to a first class unit. Recently in July 2010, the Library Branch at Taipei Campus was closed, becoming a closed stack and the library books were relocated to the Juang Jing Lo at the Taipei Library Center. At NTPU, library services are provided in the Business Building and the Humanities Building.

Copyright © 2012 National Taipei University Library 版權所有 臺北大學圖書館(隱私權政策)
23741 新北市三峽區大學路 151 號 No.151, Daxue Rd., Sanxia Dist., New Taipei City 237, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel:(02)8674-1111轉68351~68353 Fax:(02)8671-5903